About the Organization PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, LA, with the mission of making a positive financial impact on the lives of homeowners. PosiGen pairs energy efficiency retrofits and solar power systems to reduce household energy consumption. We are dedicated to increasing energy independence and ensuring the financial security of the communities we serve. Since our humble beginnings, PosiGen has expanded its solar energy and energy efficiency mission across Louisiana, New York, Connecticut and Florida.
PosiGen’s Vision is to be the world’s most amazing energy enterprise dedicated to delivering freedom, power and pure positive energy to all.
We are expanding quickly, and constantly challenging ourselves to think outside the box to promote solar energy and customer savings. Join PosiGen, and help us make a difference.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct physical installs using a variety of equipment and tools including but not limited to; measuring devices, hand tools, various ladder types and sizes, blower door, combustion safety analysis equipment and protective equipment. Multi-meter, Shade analysis Tools.
- Do quality photovoltaic installation.
- Follow organization policies and procedures including OSHA requirements. Complete OSHA training as required
- Attend organization and other trainings and meetings as required
- Conduct home energy evaluations/assessments and solar assessments.
- Complete an energy use data collection form to capture home data
- Provide support in managing and tracking jobs
- Troubleshoot PV systems, repair and complete warranty work.
- Must be able to work both on a team as well as a one man/woman show
- Ability to stay organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for accurate quality control evaluation documentation and work oversight
- The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets
- Excellent time management
- Ability to capture referrals and leave customers happy
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences, engineering or architecture is preferred
- Building Performance Institute certification or experience with Energy Efficiency is strongly preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office, as well as a general disposition towards learning technology including the use of online platforms such as but not limited to Dropbox, Salesforce (CRM) on various devices (laptop, tablet, and smart phone)
- Ability for and no fear of working from ladders/scaffolding or working in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, under mobile homes
- General knowledge of installation of energy saving materials and associated tools
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record, proof of personal vehicle insurance, ability to meet insurability requirements for the companies automobile insurance policy
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops of multi-level buildings as well as within confined spaces such as attics
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift 70lbs
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Shift -not applicable-
Salary Requirements $23.00 per hour - 4 week project
Position "Temporary" Solar Installation Technician
Number of Openings 3
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)