JOB TITLE: Grants and Projects Coordinator
PAY RANGE: Full-time, salaried position, including benefits. Commensurate on qualifications and experience
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, humility, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
The Grants and Projects Coordinator will provide direct support to the Grants Administrator and contribute to all facets of Grants Administration projects, as well as contribute to the management of grant programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Administration and Accounting
- Monitor the flow of information regarding project implementation among interested parties including funders and other project partners
- Provide day-to-day coordination of all project activities for the duration of each assigned project
- Provide weekly progress reports and updates using project management software
- Participate and perform reporting role in regular progress meetings
- Review and approve invoices for processing that are consistent with the approved project budget or subsequent change orders
- Track project progress against the approved project schedule
- Serve as point of contact for assigned projects
- Develop business plans and strategies for assigned programs
- Plan and conduct community meetings of various sizes to disseminate information and gather feedback about projects
- Develop a constant awareness of project opportunities according to a redevelopment plan
- Manage preparation, execution, and distribution of internal project information
- Identify project opportunities and solicit applications for funding
- Manage distribution and collection of applications, as well as applicant selection process.
- Ensure compliance of grantees with established grant guidelines
- Prepare and maintain project budgets, schedules and return summaries for review and approval
- Assist in the supervision of the efficient utilization of resources and make recommendations to management for improvement opportunities as necessary
- Assist in securing local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of projects
- Assist with crafting applications and proposals for funding
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with internal and external entities
- Represent the East Baton Rouge Redevelopment Authority in matters relating to successful project completion, as requested
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively under time constraints and work independently
- Must possess the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- Must possess organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and/or activities
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to effectively function with the multiple partners and project teams
- Must be highly organized and proficient at preparing documentation and spreadsheets, financial analysis, and research reports
- Ability to work with a participative style of decision-making
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through other people utilizing creative and innovative solutions
- Needs demonstrated leadership qualities
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum of two years’ experience in project management, grants administration, planning, or community development. Additional experience may offset educational requirements above.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, employees, or others).
The East Baton Rouge Redevelopment Authority is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer and is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Location/Region: Baton Rouge