The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Director of Advancement, is a member of the Institutional Advancement Team and is responsible for keeping alumni and alumni families engaged, informed and committed to the school and its financial support. S/he provides leadership for relationship building, alumni programming, fundraising, program development, volunteer management, and actively involving alumni in the school community.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive alumni program through stimulating interest, building loyalty, increasing involvement, and generating support for The Dunham School. Establish and build relationships with alumni locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Working closely with the Head of School, Director of Advancement, Director of Annual Giving and Constituent Relations in directing all alumni and parent of alumni fundraising efforts including coordination of personal solicitations and volunteer solicitations. Assist with prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation. Assist with donor stewardship efforts. Develop a wide variety of ways to communicate with all alumni, including via social media.
- Research and generate ideas to increase charitable giving at the school, strengthen alumni relations, and solicit donors for charitable gifts and the annual fund. Plan, organize, and implement receptions, reunions, special educational programs, and other alumni events both at the school and throughout the country.
- Create meaningful avenues for alumni participation in the life of the school.
- Assist the Director of Marketing by writing Alumni press releases, alumni profiles, and other articles for the alumni section of the website, school magazine, and new alumni communications initiatives. Collect and prepare Alumni notes for publication.
- Maintain current and ongoing messaging about the school on the school’s website and on other social media outlets.
- Implement new alumni recognition programs such as an Alumni Hall of Fame and an Alumni awards program.Research and profile the backgrounds of all alumni.
- Plan and implement new outreach programs and events to bring alumni closer to the School including a career-networking program, student mentoring programs, and a young alumni outreach program.
- Initiate and coordinate Alumni Council meetings and related Association meetings. Function as the liaison between the Alumni Council and all of their activities and the school.
- Support the school and its leadership. Assist the Director of Advancement and Head of School with other duties as assigned.