Sam’s Town Shreveport is located on the historic Red River in downtown Shreveport. The sleek 23-story hotel tower includes more than 500 luxurious guest rooms and suites featuring pillow-top mattresses, feather pillows, marbled floors, granite countertops and oversized tubs. The top floor houses multi-room suites, ranging in size from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet. The property was acquired by Boyd Gaming in 2004.
LABORER Shreveport, LA Department SP - Facilities Operations (R&M)
Category Facility Maintenance
Position Code SPPLABR00
Status Full Time
Perform minor repairs of equipment and fixtures using a variety of hand tools.
- Assist maintenance engineers by setting up or moving ladders, scaffolding or work platforms, moving and stocking work materials, etc.
- Assemble, disassemble, and transport temporary or permanent structures, furniture, and fixtures.
- Pick up and deliver supplies, parts, and equipment.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner, and report back for next job assignment.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess basic mechanical knowledge.
- Must be able to carry and communicate by two-way radio.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time during shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 75 pounds.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
Location/Region: Shreveport, LA (US)