GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for directing the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community.
SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Accounting staff and purchasing staff
1) Manages the analysis of revenue and costs and makes recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow for physician partners.
2) Responsible for heavy financial analysis duties and detailed management of cost centers.
3) Interacts with clinic management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial planning component.
4) Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
5) Evaluates the organizations' financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
6) Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
7) Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
8) Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual tax and other reports. Prepares or reviews financial statements for governing board.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related field. MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of experience in financial/accounting management. Experience in health care financial management preferred.
1) Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements.
2) Knowledge of clinic financial and budgetary practices to develop annual budget, analyze financial data and patterns, and prepare financial statements.
3) Knowledge of clinic's strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
4) Knowledge of governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
1) Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
2) Skill in evaluating operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives, costs, and rate levels.
3) Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
4) Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
1) Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
2) Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
3) Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
Imperial Health is a network of physicians collaborating to offer advanced medical care services to the residents of Southwest Louisiana.
We have over 40 physicians on staff specializing in the areas of cardiology, endocrinology, ENT and allergy, family medicine, foot and ankle surgery and treatment, gastroenterology; general, vascular and thoracic surgery, bariatric surgery, hand and wrist surgery, internal medicine, neurology, orthopaedic surgery, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pulmonary diseases and critical care and rheumatology. The philosophy behind our business is simple: to be patient-centric, first and foremost.
We offer a generous compensation/benefits/retirement plan in order to attract and retain top talent. This position qualifies for executive level benefits that will be discussed during the interview.
Location/Region: Lake Charles